Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Quest for a DMD: the easiest €31 Paddy Power will ever make, and the most expensive blog I've written to date

Ok, here's the thing. As most of you know, the GUI have just approved a motion to permit Distance Measuring Devices in all Championships, Cups and Shields. This presents me with a problem, having hither-to refused to buy a piece of kit that I couldn't use on the days I most wanted to play well. Sadly, I am now in the midst of saving to buy my first place to live and I do not have €300 to splash out. Typically, I won a deadly Bushnell one of these in 2008 and immediately sold it... Dang.

Solution? I need something of a miracle. I am the worst gambler in history. I make about 5 bets a year and have won about once in the last 10 years. But you could say I'm due. You could also say I'm fecklessly retarded when it comes to picking winners, but this is a time for positivity.

The Plan
I've picked 3 bets for the World Golf Championship Match Play, each with a potential return of roughly the price of a good DMD.

Luck? I don't just need luck. I need the snap-hook I just hit to ricochet off the club house and pop back into the fairway.

Bet 1: €10 on McDowell & Casey to both win their sections
Potential Return: €385

Bet 2: €5 on McIlory & Donald to win their sections.
Potential Return: €240

Bet 3: €10 on Mickelson & Kaymer to win their sections
Potential Returns: €330

Silly Outsider Bets

Quiros €2 to win @ 40/1
Johnson €2 to win @ 33/1
Bubba Watson €2 @ 80/1

I will update later in the week. Wish me luck!

Yours in still pacing yardages,

ShriekingSheet

2 comments:

  1. Get your ass on ebay, great bargains there and then bet with the money you've saved. Or play with people who have them. EMcC

    ReplyDelete